Travel Tips for Italy in September
In that time, I’ve acquired a lot of knowledge about what to do and not to do in Italy. Here are my best tips for having a great time in Italy!
Italy in General
- Italy is great and much more tolerable outside peak season. Try not to visit in the summer, especially August, when Italians go away.
- Drivers in Italy get crazier the further south you go. City driving is for expert drivers only.
- Be prepared to cover up at churches — don’t wear shorts, and bring a scarf to cover your shoulders if necessary. If not, you might have to wear the dreaded paper shawl.
- Buy tickets to the most famous museums in advance, and don’t even think about not doing this in the high season.
- Know that everyone will be dressed MUCH better than you. If you want to blend in, wear lots of black, designer sunglasses, and great shoes.
- Ladies, if you need a self-esteem boost, go walk through a market. Every man will be telling you how beautiful you are.
- Want to blend in? Don’t drink cappuccino after 10:00 AM.
- Don’t eat at any restaurant named after a monument, city or famous artist. These are usually geared toward tourists.
- For the best food, head for the source: Parma for prosciutto, Capri for ravioli caprese, Umbria for truffles, Tuscany for steaks, Liguria for pesto genovese. Beyond that, every town has its own specialty.
- Emilia-Romagna is Italy’s best food region, and Bologna, its capital, is Italy’s best food city.
- Drink the house wine — always. It’s delicious and almost laughably cheap for the quality that you get.
Girl Era Colorful Bat Shape Fashion Jewelry Turquoise Necklace(blue)
what should I pack to travel italy in september? | Yahoo Answers
Spring and summer clothing and a light jacket!
Travel tips to Rome Italy?
To do Rome correctly you will require the following:
- Twice as much time as you scheduled,
- Twice as much money as you budgeted, and
- A lot more patience then you were born with.