Travel and Auto expenses
It’s about PRIORITIES and DESIRE
If you make travel a top priority in your life, and it’s something you absolutely desire, you’ll find a way to cut back on unnecessary spending and channel all your finances and energy into the travel direction.
We totally get how difficult it is to save money and pay down debt, especially if you have children and are living paycheck-to-paycheck, or you have student loans. We’ve suffered through losing our home and massive credit card debt.
But we eventually rewrote the story.
My sacrifice has been materialistic possession for the exchange of something that never fades, or breaks, or becomes outdated and contributes to my personal growth.
Get clear on what it is you want from life.
If you find you have a wardrobe full of clothes never worn, or a garage full of unused toys then you are not clear on what you want from life or your purpose.
Take an honest look at your spending habits.
Go over your last 3 months of bank statements and you should see patterns. You’ll probably be surprised at the number of things you are subscribed to and how many ways you waste money.
1. Reduce your bills
Make a list of all your bills. How can you reduce them?
A few tips:
- Reduce your power, water, and gas bills.
- Put your appliances on standby mode or unplug all unused devices.
- Set your thermostat to a comfortable temperature.
- Use a fan instead of AC.
- Hang your clothes out to dry instead of using a dryer.
- Use energy efficient bulbs and appliances.
- Take quicker showers and install a water saving shower head.
- Can you pay upfront and receive a discount? I recently shaved off a bill by paying for 3 months upfront. YAY.
- Re-examine your health, auto and life insurance policies.
- Is there a cheaper mobile phone plan?
- If you have a mobile and landline lose one!
- Can you join plans together i.e. family plan?
- Do you really need caller id, and call waiting?
- Bundle Your Services – Have Internet, phone and cable service with one provider.
- As a long term customer, can you ask for a discount?
2. Reduce your accommodation costs
- Can you move to a less expensive apartment or house?
- Can you refinance your mortgage?
- Can you rent out a spare room for extra cash?
Dome 750 Mileage Log/Expense Record, 3.5 x 6.5 Inches, Logs 324 Trips (DOM750)
Office Product (#N/A!)
Adams Automobile Log Books (ABFAFR12)
Office Product (TOPS Business Forms, Inc.)
Zoho Expense: Expense Reports
Mobile Application (Zoho Corp)
Simplog Business Mileage Log & Travel and Entertainment Record
Office Product (Simplog)
Trillium MFB-8039 Memory Foam Lumbar Support
Automotive Parts and Accessories (Trillium Worldwide)
How expensive is travel to Boston?
The cost of flights to Boston completely depends on where you are flying from. The cost of hotels in Boston is an average of $194 a night which is about 5% higher than the national average. With discounts such as AAA and timely booking the trip can be very affordable.
What is traveling expenses?
Traveling expenses is how much currency you bring with you when you travel, for things such as entertainment purposes, food, clothing etc.