Foreign Independent Travel
Custom made itineraries by Tom Smith Travel
Here is what an FIT can include for you:
- Research and General Information for your destination
- Air travel. All Domestic and International Airlines. Reservations and secure ticketing.
- Arrival/departure transfers
- Local transportation and” city cards”
- Hotel searching and finding the “right fit” AND availability/pricing
- Local tours and trusted private guides. Let me connect you with my favorite guides from around the world. Yes, trusted and tested guides that will give you the very best local sightseeing and behind the scenes views. Many of these guides have been with me for years!
- Train Tickets and seat reservations for point-to-point rail travel. Also: Rail Passes. Tom is a certified Rail Specialist with Rail Europe.
- Car rentals worldwide
- Private car and driver services.
- Pre and post cruise packages
- Restaurant (trusted!) recommendations and reservations
- Cultural events & activities including tickets (theater, opera, music, museums)
- Spa and wellness opportunities
- Wine and Food opportunities
- Shopping information and special VIP services in Spain and France
- Adventure activities from hang gliding to swimming with the whale sharks.
- Wildlife and nature opportunities
- Anything of a special nature to make your trip perfect.
- The added benefit of being a member of Virtuoso….which can open up a world of special amenities for your travel.
- My experience of 40 years as a travel professional working with 7 continents.
Paris: Paris, France: Travel Guide Book-A Comprehensive 5-Day Travel Guide to Paris, France & Unforgettable French Travel (Best Travel Guides to Europe Series) (Volume 1)
Book (CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform)
How easy is it to travel independently in China?
From my experience depends which part of China you would like to see. In big cities like Beijing, Shanghai, Xian, Guilin, Chengdu you would find that people speak English but in small cities like Chengde, Yangshuo, Longshen, Xitang, Guiyang English is not widely spoken. Where are you planning to go and when?