Travel x Ray Tech Agencies
A Radiologic Technologist, also referred to as a Radiology Technician, Radiographer or X-Ray Technician, is an occupation within the allied health field (term which denotes the varying branches in the health care industry). A Technologist uses radiographic (X-ray) equipment, to prepare and create high-quality images of various parts of the body (bones, organs, tissues, and vessels) for the diagnosis and treatment of injuries and illness by a radiologist, physician, or other healthcare professional.
A Radiologic Technologist may specialize in various diagnostic imaging types such as:
- Diagnostic Radiography: The use of X-rays that enable views through tissues in order to examine bones, cavities, and internal matter; includes cardiovascular imaging.
- Sonography: The use of ultrasound (high-frequency sound waves) that builds the image of a specific organ. This modality is typically performed by a trained Sonographer (a specialist in the use of ultrasound).
- Fluoroscopy: A procedure or technique that uses a fluoroscope to view real-time images of a patient's interior body structures. A fluoroscope is a device which houses a fluorescent screen that, through the transmission of X-rays, enables the appearance of an object; in this case, the internal body structure.
- CT (Computed Tomography): An imaging method that creates cross-sectional scans (slices) of body organs; 2- or 3-dimensional images can also be created from the cross-sectional images taken.
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging): A non-invasive procedure that produces 2- or 3-dimensional images of the body through the use of powerful radio waves and magnets.
- Nuclear Medicine: The branch of medicine that uses radioactive tracers (radioactive molecules administered through the body) to diagnose and treat various diseases and examine bodily and organ functions.
- Radiotherapy (Radiation Therapy): The use of radiation (high-energy rays) to reduce or stop cancer cell growth and division.
- Mammography: The use of X-rays to produce breast tissue images.
SanDisk 32GB SDHC Flash Memory Card (SDSDB-032G-B35) (Label May Change)
Bracelet Of The November Nocturne Wrap Leather Unisex Sexy Evil Eyes Button Brown Adjutable
Jewelry (The November Nocturne)
What is an x ray tech certification?
An x-ray tech certification is a program that's offered through many communities colleges and technical schools. Upon completion of the program, the student is certified to operate an x-ray machine, but not to read the results.