Travel Wedge Pillows
Pillows & Short Wedges Do Not Work for Acid Reflux & GERD
Short wedges and piled up pillows seem to be the common thing to go to when nighttime heartburn sets in. Whether you purchase a cheap foam wedge or collect pillows from around the house to prop yourself up – you aren’t getting the kind of relief you need to get a proper nights rest. AND you may actually be making your reflux worse. Pillows & short wedges do not work for acid reflux & GERD and may actually make heartburn worse.
1) Short wedges and pillows bend you in the middle and put extra pressure on your lower esophageal sphincter (LES) thus making your Reflux even worse. Doctors recommend that head elevated sleep be on a gradual incline with your head 6-8” above your feet. Gravity1st is a gradual 7 inch incline from head to toe.
2) Chiropractors report that many of the patients they see are those using short wedges or pillows to achieve head elevated sleep. Neck and back problems increase due to not being supported correctly during the night. Gravity1st supports you in the correct position without forcing your head, neck or shoulders in to an uncomfortable position.
3) Short wedges and pillows only allow you to sleep on your back. Most people don’t exclusively sleep on their back for the duration of the night. People usually have a preference in the way they sleep but tend to shift from one position to another throughout the night (back, side, stomach). Some doctors actually recommend sleeping on your side with your head elevated – short wedges will not allow this. It’s commonly recommended for pregnant women to sleep on their left side as much as possible throughout the pregnancy – short wedge and pillows make this near impossible. Gravity1st allows you to sleep in any position, change positions, and remain head elevated the entire time.
4) Short wedges are often made of stiff, uncomfortable polyurethane foam. Your pillows are often a little more comfortable than a foam wedge but don’t provide the correct support or angle of elevation. Comfort is a major ingredient in a sound night’s sleep. Gravity1st is so comfortable it will rival your own mattress.
5) In the morning when you want to make your bed, where do you store away that large hunk of foam or all those extra pillows? Foam wedges take up a considerable amount of closet space when they’re not in use. Gravity1st is simply, quickly and easily deflated and left on your bed. You’ll never even know it’s there.
6) When you travel – can you easily pack up your foam wedge and take it with you? It’s unlikely with all the extra charges on today’s airfares that you can afford to bring the large hunk of foam with you. Unfortunately, acid reflux & heartburn don’t stay home either. Often when we travel we tend to be a little more lax with our diets and often indulge in some of our “forbidden” trigger foods causing our reflux to be worse. Wouldn’t it be nice to have an elevated sleep solution available to use in these instances? Gravity1st packs up easily and compactly to go with you anywhere.
- We are Australia's favourite experts for Gold Coast Kitchen Renovations
Travel Inflatable Pillow, FULL SLEEP SET!~ (Neck Wedge Pillow) By Snooze Time - INCLUDES Premium Eye Sleep Mask & Ear Plugs - Great For Home Car Airplane Camping Backpacking - Amazing Neck Support